UPC EDUCATES INTERCULTURAL INTERPRENEURIAL LEADERS WHO UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY, WITH A GLOBAL AND HIGHLY COMPETITIVE VISION.
The Bachelor’s Programs offered by the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at UPC allow its graduates to pursue a dual degree in Tourism and Business Administration within the five years of studies. Our students develop competitive professional competencies in alignment with the needs and expectations of society and the local and global labor markets. Important academic agreements with the School of Tourism and Hospitality (CETT) – Universidad de Barcelona (Spain) among others allow our students to have an international approach.
To educate graduates committed to the sustainable development of the hospitality, culinary and tourism industries by developing the necessary competencies to assume leadership roles with a global vision.
To be recognized for educating tourism professionals with the highest professional competencies, known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Tourism and Business Administration program, you must have a travel spirit and look at the natural and cultural environment with deep identification and love for your homeland. You will have a vocation for service, as well as teamwork and social skills, reflecting on the importance of the environment.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
Upon completion of the program, you will design tourism projects under the concepts of sustainability, integrating the environmental, cultural, economic and social inclusion principles, formulating strategic, tactical and operational plans. You will manage work teams by motivating their members, developing their leadership and using their information literacy skills for decision-making.
- Formulate business plans in the tourism industry based on the information and data collected from the industry environment.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal and leadership skills needed to effectively manage individuals and team members in diverse and global tourism operations.
- Apply concepts and theories in order to meet the challenges and solve problems in the global tourism industry.
- Recognize trends and interpret organizational data to develop the most effective business strategies for the tourism industry.
- Recognize how their actions and decisions can have an effect on the industry sustainability.
- Analyze key tourism indicators and statistics to create sound action plans.