DARE TO CHANGE THE WORLD WITH THE TECHNOLOGY OF THE FUTURE
Integrating the parts is much better than just putting them together. Mechatronics engineering emerges from the need to combine mechanics, electronics and informatics to obtain products, processes and systems that change our reality.
Mechatronics engineering creates the most sophisticated machines, which involve robotics for their design, manufacturing and control, and that have a high level of production and demand worldwide.
A competitive country needs multidisciplinary professionals to master technology to conceive intelligent, simple and versatile devices that improve people’s quality of life.
That is why at UPC we educate you as experts in planning, analyzing, designing, building, operating and maintaining ecoefficient devices that solve engineering problems and translate into a better quality of life for more people.
Would you like to invent a mini-robot that moves through debris to save lives? Would it not be fascinating to completely automatize an industrial plant or a factory?
Without a doubt, your line of work is vast.
To educate upstanding and innovative leader engineers with a global vision in order to generate value through the design and execution of mechatronics engineering projects that contribute to transforming Peru.
To be recognized for educating engineering professionals with the highest professional competencies known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Mechatronics Engineering program, you must show the following characteristics:
- Logical-mathematical skills.
- Great motivation and interest in science, technology, inventiveness and creativity.
- Great practical and ethical sense of technology application to solve concrete problems on local and global spheres.
- Willingness to relate to others and work in teams.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As alumni of the Mechatronics Engineering program, you will be able to:
- Apply mathematics, science and engineering knowledge.
- Experiment and design a system, component or process to satisfy project requirements, taking into consideration realistic restrictions.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams in an active and effective way, being able to identify, formulate and solve electronic engineering problems; understanding your professional and ethical responsibility, and the impact of your solutions in a global, economic, environmental and social context.
- Communicate effectively. Commit to lifelong learning. Learn about the contemporary topics that involve Electronic Engineering and using modern techniques, abilities and tools needed for the field.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
Science Knowledge Application
You will apply mathematics, science and engineering knowledge.
Planning and Conducting Experiments
You will design and conduct experiments. Additionally, you will analyze and interpret data.
Processes and Systems Design
You will design systems, components or processes to satisfy requirements, taking into consideration realistic restrictions of an economic, environmental, social, political, and ethical nature, and those related to health and safety, and manufacturability and sustainability.
You will participate actively and effectively in a multidisciplinary team work.
You will identify, formulate and solve electronic engineering problems.
Ethical and Professional Responsibility
You will understand the professional and ethical responsibility in electronic engineering problem-solving.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively.
Engineering Solution Impact Analysis
You will show extensive training to understand the impact of engineering solutions on global, economic, environmental and social contexts.
Continuous and Autonomous Learning
You will recognize the “need to” and the ability to commit to lifelong learning.
Use of Modern Engineering Tools
You will have the ability to use modern techniques, skills and tools needed for engineering