UPC EDUCATES LEADERS IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY WITH A GLOBAL, HIGHLY INTERNATIONAL AND COMPETITIVE VISION.
The Bachelor’s Programs offered by the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at UPC allow its graduates to pursue a dual degree in Hospitality and Business Administration within the five years of studies. Our students develop competitive professional competencies in alignment with the needs and expectations of society and the local and global labor markets. Important academic agreements with the School of Tourism and Hospitality (CETT) – Universidad de Barcelona (Spain) and Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (Australia) among others allow our students to have an international approach.
To educate graduates committed to the sustainable development of the hospitality, culinary and tourism industries by developing the necessary competencies to assume leadership roles with a global vision.
To be recognized for educating hospitality professionals with the highest professional competencies known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Hospitality and Administration program, you must show interest in service quality, hospitality and friendly treatment. Also, you must be capable of working in teams and showing openness to internationality.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
Upon completion of the program, graduates in Hospitality and Business Administration will be able to formulate strategic and operational plans for the hospitality industry, optimizing the business resources and maximizing value for their stakeholders. Lead multidisciplinary teams in multicultural environments and contexts, motivating members in the generation of value, contributing to the community’s welfare and the sustainable development of the country. Use qualitative and quantitative information for decision making, according to the circumstances and objectives of the organization. Design and evaluate the feasibility of hotel and/or food and beverage projects, considering innovation, sustainability and global competitiveness criteria.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
- Formulate business plans in the hospitality industry based on the information and data collected from the industry environment.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal and leadership skills needed to effectively manage individuals and team members in diverse and global hospitality operations.
- Apply concepts and theories in order to meet the challenges and solve problems in the global hospitality industry.
- Recognize trends and interpret organizational data to develop the most effective business strategies for the hospitality industry.
- Create procedures, checklists, and control tools at the operational level of the hospitality business to understand and continually improve the service provided.
- Analyze key hospitality indicators to create sound action plans.