Behind a country’s growth stand the strategists who are aware of the economy and stock market operations, and who make use of the economic science and financial tools to ensure society’s development.
At UPC, we train you as a leading economist-financier by combining your talent with the most innovative teaching methodology and the latest technology, using similar systems to the ones used in the worlds’ stock markets.
Hence, thanks to your education and professional experience, you will be ready to stand out in the main public institutions and the financial management of the most important international banks and organizations.
To educate upstanding and innovative leaders in Economics and Finance with a global vision so as to generate value within organizations and society, and who contribute to the transformation of Peru.
To be recognized for educating economics professionals with the highest professional competencies known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the School of Economics and Finance, you must show the following aptitudes:
- Have good verbal expression qualities (both orally and in writing) and logical-mathematical skills, cultural and citizen education, and previous school knowledge about economics.
- Have previous knowledge of the discipline that consolidates your interest in improving your understanding.
- Be able to propose choices for the management of economic and financial resources —such as time, funds, workforce, land, natural resources, intellectual abilities, among others—by being committed and having a high standard orientation.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As graduate students of the Economics and Finance program, you will be able to:
- Develop analytical and research skills, and make proposals of economic and financial policies based on a solid academic training. Handle information sources as well as different modern measurement techniques for economic and financial facts.
- Be able to successfully work in the public, private or academic sector, whether in research activities or in executive positions related to the evaluation and design of economic and financial policies.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
You will design and carry out research projects, taking into account relevant academic literature, quantitative techniques and specialized software, as well as the proper use of the published information available.
You will use the economic theory and the relevant empirical casuistry to diagnose and propose solutions, using specialized techniques and software.
You will use the financial theory and empirical casuistry to achieve a good management of financial instruments and design of investment portfolios, taking into account the associated risks and using specialized techniques and software.
Formulation of Proposals
You will make proposals to solve complex economic and financial situations.
You will present ideas on economics in a clear and accurate way, both orally and in writing, to different audiences.