PUT UP YOUR OWN WORKS AND LEAVE YOUR MARK IN THE WORLD
The design and construction of transportation roads, buildings, hydraulic systems, ports and airports contribute to improving the quality of life of a country’s inhabitants. With the development and stability of our economy, opportunities in the construction and real estate sectors are huge. We educate innovative professionals who manage construction and infrastructure projects that transform and promote the country’s development.
In this way, we prepare you to become experts in the design and construction of civil works of any kind: hydraulics, structures, transportation, construction and geotechnics. Our curriculum allows you to specialize in two branches: Construction Management or Road Infrastructure and Transportation In addition, you will be able to complement your engineering knowledge with tools to manage construction and infrastructure projects, as well as to manage companies dedicated to the construction and real estate business. You will be able to improve processes to increase productivity and optimize the use of resources, always in commitment with the environment.
To educate engineers who are competent in the use of advanced science and technology, have leadership and managerial skills, and who contribute to creating and spreading knowledge for the development and well-being of society.
To be recognized as the best School of Engineering in the country.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Civil Engineering program, you must show the following characteristics:
- Analytic and quantitative capacity.
- Great interest in physics, as well as in construction and design.
- Disposition and interest in innovation.
- Skills to work in teams to develop civil engineering projects.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As graduate students of the Civil Engineering program, you will be able to:
- Plan, design and execute civil works.
- Have a solid scientific and technological education that allows you to use modern techniques that satisfy the demands of the construction industry.
- Be a professional committed to ethical principles, professional standards and environmental respect.
- Promote and integrate teamwork in the different stages and roles in a project, and communicate effectively in your civil engineering environment.
- Identify with a continuous learning culture and current issues that will allow you to contribute to the country's development.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
Science Knowledge Application
You will apply mathematics, science and engineering knowledge.
Planning and Conducting Experiments
You will design and conduct experiments. You will also analyze and interpret data.
Processes and Systems Design
You will be able to design systems, components or processes to satisfy requirements, taking into consideration realistic restrictions of an economic, environmental, social, political, and ethical nature, and those related to health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
You will participate actively and effectively in a multidisciplinary work team.
You will identify, formulate and solve electronic engineering problems.
Ethical and Professional Responsibility
You will understand the professional and ethical responsibility in electronic engineering problem-solving.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively.
Engineering Solution Impact Analysis
You will demonstrate extensive training to understand the impact of engineering solutions on a global, economic, environmental and social context.
Continuous and Autonomous Learning
You will recognize the “need to” and the ability to commit to lifelong learning.
Use of Modern Engineering Tools
You will have the ability to use modern techniques, skills and tools needed for engineering.