BECOME THE CREATOR OF FUTURE TECHNOLOGY
People and society’s progress and quality of life are linked to the development of technology. In turn, advances in technology depend on the development of electronic engineering, which makes the continuous expansion of technological frontiers towards new and unsuspected horizons possible. There is not any other way to conceive the evolution of computer science, telecommunications, bioengineering, aeronautics, genetics or robotics without the development of electronics as a fundamental part of those technologies.
In the beginning, electronic engineering was linked principally to hardware design composed mainly of analog electronic components based on transistors. Afterwards, digital electronic components were introduced, until getting to microprocessors, which allowed the design and manufacturing of electronic devices capable of developing very complex functions with great autonomy. Microprocessors are software-programmable electronic devices that can perform multiple tasks fast and simultaneously. Currently, electronic solutions are based on hardware and software integration for designing autonomous, intelligent and highly efficient devices.
Electronic Engineering, through hardware and software design and integration, creates new technological products and solutions that make people’s life easier, more varied and more comfortable.
As Electronic Engineering professionals, you will lead the technological revolution in telecommunications, industrial automation and services, bioengineering, robotics, artificial intelligence, multimedia information and optoelectronics.
To educate upstanding leaders capable of applying knowledge about science, technology and management so as to offer electronic engineering innovative solutions that allows the transformation of society.
To be at the forefront of higher education in Electronic Engineering for its academic excellence, innovation capabilities and international competitiveness.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Electronic Engineering program, you must show the following characteristics:
- Mathematical logic abilities.
- Great motivation and interest in science, technology, inventiveness and creativity.
- Great practical and ethical sense of technology application to solve concrete problems on local and global spheres.
- Willingness to relate to others and work in teams.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As alumni of the Electronic Engineering program, you will be able to:
- Apply mathematics, science and engineering knowledge.
- Experiment and design a system, component or process to satisfy project requirements, taking into consideration realistic restrictions.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams in an active and effective way, being able to identify, formulate and solve problems; understanding your professional and ethical responsibility, and the impact of your solutions in a global, economic, environmental and social context.
- Communicate effectively. Commit to lifelong learning. Learn about the contemporary topics that involve systems engineering and use modern techniques, abilities and tools needed for the field.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
- Design systems, components or processes to satisfy requirements, taking into consideration realistic restrictions of an economic, environmental, social, political, and ethical nature, and those related to health and safety, and manufacturability and sustainability.
- Formulate and direct development projects applying new technologies.
- Design and develop electronic equipment in different areas.
- Create and implement digital systems based on microprocessors and computational interfaces of robotics.
- Plan and evaluate the technical, economic and financial feasibility of technological investment projects.
- Lead consultancies in technology and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Lead consultancies or projects in the manufacturing industry.