RESEARCH AND CREATE SOFTWARE THAT MODERNIZES THE WORLD
The Computer Science program offers the possibility to create software that goes beyond the conventional and that is capable of revolutionizing the environment. Considering that automation is an important part of contemporary society, UPC's Computer Science program offers a substantial course basis related to the area that is revolutionizing current society: Data Science. You will also have the option to pursue a specialty for developing entertainment software in order to build simulators and serious games. Finally, the program offers you the opportunity to master the creation of complex software, so you have a very broad field of action in the national and international software industry.
To educate professionals in Computer Science who are upstanding and innovative leaders with a global vision in the development of entertainment software and who are able to process large volumes of data.
To be at the forefront of higher education in Computer Science for its academic excellence, innovation capabilities and international competitiveness.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
- Have knowledge in logics and mathematics.
- Be creative and innovative to solve problems.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Have basic computer knowledge.
- Have abstraction skills to solve real-world problems.
- Be responsible, punctual and with a high ethical sense.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
- Leader in the development of new technologies with impact in any organization based on a highly efficient computational approach.
- Responsible for developing non-conventional computational systems for processing high data volumes, considering time and information security restrictions for knowledge extraction and decision making purposes.
- Responsible for developing intelligent systems and image processing capable of automating problem-solving in multidisciplinary contexts such as marketing, sales strategy, bioinformatics, the mining industry, the agricultural industry and others.
- Responsible for developing entertainment and simulation software using a wide range of technologies and with an emphasis on video game development.