To educate medical professionals who are upstanding and innovative leaders with a global vision, so they contribute to the transformation of Peru.
To be recognized for educating health professionals with the highest professional competencies known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Medicine program, you must show the following abilities:
- You will show effective listening skills and communicate your ideas, emotions and opinions in a clear, simple and coherent way.
- You will support your ideas and identify the concepts and principles that lie beyond them.
- You will demonstrate logical understanding, make judgments and draw valid conclusions for certain situations.
- You will effectively handle your emotions despite stress, and show that you are sensitive towards others, respectful and tolerant with differences. You will respect and accept your environment regulations.
- You will support your decisions based on values, acknowledging responsibility for them.
- You will show interest in serving people and society through the practice of medicine and public health, as well as the generation of knowledge.
- You will show sufficient knowledge in the mathematics, chemistry and biology areas, in order to successfully meet your program's challenges.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As alumni of the Medicine program, you will be able to:
- You will carry out clinical practice in two dimensions (diagnosis; treatment, prevention and promotion).
- You will diagnose and take part in public health problems. You will formulate and support the strategic plan for a health center. You will show ethical sense, professional responsibility and teamwork abilities.
- You will develop independent learning.
- You will design and execute research projects and report the results.
- You will be capable of formulating, executing and supporting the strategic management plan for a health service, and of generating information that could be published in scientific journals.