Globalization and social networks bring us closer to the news in real time. Submerged in millions of voices, it is essential to research and share truthful information.
That's why at UPC we educate professionals with a solid cultural ground that permits understanding local and global events. Professionals capable of investigating, interpreting and communicating events in a truthful and brief manner, providing the audience with information that contributes to life in society.
Make your voice be heard.
To educate upstanding and innovative professional leaders in Communications with a global vision in order to generate value in society through journalism that contributes to transforming Peru.
To be recognized for educating professionals in Communications with the highest professional competencies known for their leadership in the transformation of Peru.
INCOMING STUDENT PROFILE
As incoming students of the Communication and Journalism professional program you need to show the following characteristics:
- Communicative skills and the ability to understand messages in different communicational languages.
- Be interested in reality, facts and circumstances or events that change the present. This interest must be reflected in passion and curiosity for your environment.
GRADUATE STUDENT PROFILE
As graduate students of the Communication and Journalism professional program you will be able to:
- Articulate communication processes from different perspectives.
- Master the information, opinion, research and interpretation areas, as well as project execution.
- Produce journalistic material for diverse communication media and platforms, as well as develop and analyze communication proposals related to your work.
- Perform various functions related to the processes of design, production, editing, implementation and evaluation of communicative and journalistic proposals.
Additionally, you will develop the following specific competencies:
You will master the tools, techniques, and narrative models for journalistic production while considering the intention, accuracy, authenticity, pertinence and the consequences in this task.
You will apply knowledge, regulations and principles to come up with a meticulous diagnosis of facts from a realistic and objective perspective, and also from systematic research and registration of the cases you will address.
You will incorporate notions, proposals and journalistic tools in a permanent, systematic and critical way and apply them correctly in your professional setting.
You will be able to provide proposals and lead communication initiatives in different journalistic organizations and at any stage of the process.
You will interact independently and pertinently with a clear vision of yourselves and of your roles as journalists, applying flexible criteria and committing to your decisions and actions.
You will carry out journalistic investigations using pertinent tools and techniques in the most intelligent, analytic and up-to-date way.